EPS provides a full range of services related to training, including training needs assessments; and instructional design, development, delivery, and evaluation. We utilize the industry-standard ADDIE Model of Instructional Design for all instructional design projects. We pay special attention to the application of Bloom’s Taxonomy to ensure that training objectives are created and accomplished at the proper level of competency desired for learners at the conclusion of the training.
We have particular expertise in the professional development of training materials, such as participant guides, presentations, and job aids to support learning and the application of learning. Our processes and documents meet the standards of DHS’ National Training and Education Division (NTED) to ensure grant compliance.
EPS has special expertise in conducting Training Needs Assessments, which are a unique type of assessment focused on the identification of training needs among identified stakeholders within a jurisdiction or organization. EPS conducts training needs assessments within defined frameworks such as DHS’ Core Capabilities or the DHHS Public Health Preparedness and Response Capabilities. Needs assessments are typically conducted through a series of interviews, surveys, and document reviews. We also conduct Integrated Preparedness Planning Workshops (IPPWs), ensuring that training needs are identified within the process.
Some of the course topics for which we have developed and delivered training:
- Incident Command System (ICS)
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) management, including application of the Incident Support Model
- Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) Implementation
- Best Practices in Incident Management
- HSEEP and Exercise Management
- Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)
- HazMat for EMS (Operations Level training)
- CBRNE awareness
- Integrating Functional Needs Support into Sheltering
- Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response (ASHER) awareness and survival staff training
- Airport emergency preparedness training and exercises
- Various other topics in emergency management and homeland security
"Emergency Preparedness Solutions (EPS) did a great job in understanding what we as an organization wanted to accomplish and then they executed to detail on the objectives we were testing. From Concept and Objectives Meeting through exercise design and execution to After Action Review/Improvement, Emergency Preparedness Solutions excelled in all phases. Our exercise participants were completely happy with the conduct of our exercises, the professionalism of the EPS staff, and the value they received in the cost of the exercises. I look forward to working with Emergency Preparedness Solutions in future exercises!”
Tom Miller, Operations and Training Section ChiefMinneapolis Office of Emergency Management